GOOD: -the shading is splendid. Using the colour purple to contrast the red and bluw was a wonderful idea as well. Kirby looks adorable and super fluffy (which I hope that was what you're going for-). and the lining is nice and smooth
COULD NEED IMPROVEMENT: I hate this part-
- Alright, for the lining I would have made the gray have a purple tinge to it. but it still looks good. The lines look a little awkward and thick in some places (ex. the feet. and the side cheek). the eyes look good but the if the left one was to be red, it looks more purple. her body looks cute with the fluff but also kinda makes her look fat. I know she's female but he looks a bit male in the picture. also with the red and blue, it's nice but I cant help notice how it's everywhere except that one part at the top right of her hair and makes it look a bit empty.
BUT besides that I really love the picture. I hope to see more art soon~
I'm not good at this kind of thing, so bare with me.
Stuff you've done well:
- My goodness, I love the blend of colours you have on here. It gives it this fantastic feel to it. - Your lines are clean, like always. - Fabulous shading, dear.
Things I think you may need to change:
- The foot on the right looks a little off to me, I can't quite place what's wrong about it, but I suppose if you see it you may be able to fix it
- The head shape looks very odd. The outline on the bottom of the head looks okay up until the right side of it. If the line was able to continue, It would seem to make the head a little lopsided. Perhaps make that line curve up steeper there to fix that.
- The placement on the eyes looks off in comparison to the head shape in this perspective. I'm not sure if you intended for this character to be looking down. If not, the eye on the left should be placed a tad higher.
i like how you used colour to shade as opposed to black like you normally do, it makes it look a lot better & more colourful. good colour choice too. :'] like someone else said, it could be a lot more refined, but you're getting there and off to a good start
I'm not sure about everybody else and why they keep saying the shading is good? I'm sorry but the shading just--- doesn't contrast. Its hard to see with this background, it too dark and stuff and its hard to tell which is just the background interfering and the actual shading because the shading doesn't STAND OUT or anything. I would suggest making the shading darker, and it would look better if you though about using more cell-like shading rather then airbrush. If anything though, yeah. Making it darker would make it much better. . I'm sorry to be rude but everybody is praising it but it could be a LOT better, and I just want to help you improve it because nobody seems to be helping you get better with your shading??
Hm. Sorry, I couldn't tell. Again, its mostly the fact your shading is so light its hard to see. Other then the parts on the bottom Turn the opacity up or something. Not to mention, just a question, did you just make the shading in black and lower opacity or did you do something like overlay or used a color to shade it? I think it would look nicer and more colorful if you tried lowering the opacity of something like a dark purple or red rather then black if you did.
She's suppose to be white, that's why. I didn't want her to be TOO purple, and stay true with her white colouring. And, no, I actually went into a different colour (a diffrent shade of purple) and made it a little darker, I threw in a hint of cyan too.
Alright. Thanks for the response xD Again, sorry to be rude or mean. Its just I don't want people to keep on praising you on thigns you could get so much better at and just not give any advice on how to make it better. That's how people end up stuck not being able to do different things!
NotenSMSK see more..
it's 20 April happy
also time for a new
give away 8Dbut
first a very special
thanks to my
we can continue
thank you guys for
all the support~~A
big thanks to
our donators for the
T OF: dA-Supporters
:aww: Here's the
ters: group. :la:
You will see here
April 21st, 2014We
are proud to feature
Recognition! You can
show your support by
News Article. Please
comment and :+fav:
the features and
Bluefley has a gallery filled with artwork that whisks you off in to a Sci-fi daydream, and keeps you captivated for hours. Marc has been a member of our community for over a decade and has achieved nothing but success with his astounding commitment to interacting with the community, sharing a prolific amount of video tutorials and generally being an all round rockstar deviant. It is no joke that we are absolutely delighted to award the Deviousness Award for April 2014 to ... Read More